Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there iMessage for Windows platform?

Is there (or will there be) an iMessage client for Windows platform?

I came across this web-site but it feels a bit fishy to me.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:20 AM

11 replies

Dec 1, 2015 1:50 PM in response to daluu

Hi,

Whilst early version of Messages 7 in Mavericks did not require the Serial Number to be present later versions (even of version 7 after OS X 10.8.2) do require this.

This creates and Auth token so that you can Sign In.

It is unlikely any other app is going to get around this.

User uploaded file

9:50 pm Tuesday; December 1, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Dec 22, 2016 1:29 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hi,

As I said a year ago you need a Mac Serial Number (or an iPhone or iPad one) to be able to login in a device specific way to the servers.

(i.e you need an Apple ID that also is iCloud valid, a Password to go with that and the Device's Serial Number to "prove" it is from an Apple Device.)

User uploaded file

9:29 pm Thursday; December 22, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 10.x and an iPad (2)

Dec 22, 2016 1:42 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Ralph Johns (UK) wrote:

Hi,

As I said a year ago you need a Mac Serial Number (or an iPhone or iPad one) to be able to login in a device specific way to the servers.

(i.e you need an Apple ID that also is iCloud valid, a Password to go with that and the Device's Serial Number to "prove" it is from an Apple Device.)

So does that mean it's not completely impossible? However, for all practical purposes, for most people, it's not gonna happen. Fortunately, I neither want nor need to do it.

Best of luck.

Dec 22, 2016 2:09 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Nope (not this time 😉)

I was just pointing out the thread is over a year old and had the info already.

There is an older "honeytrap" thread as well that has many items that should be hidden (like this thread has today) which "looks" at all sort of options around the topic. ) It is pages long.

User uploaded file

10:09 pm Thursday; December 22, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 10.x and an iPad (2)

Dec 22, 2016 2:12 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Ralph Johns (UK) wrote:

Nope (not this time 😉)

I was just pointing out the thread is over a year old and had the info already.

There is an older "honeytrap" thread as well that has many items that should be hidden (like this thread has today) which "looks" at all sort of options around the topic. ) It is pages long.

I was replying to someone I thought might have been a spammer. The hosts deleted their post but, for some odd reason, left mine, making me look as if I answered an old thread for no sensible reason.

Is there iMessage for Windows platform?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.