Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud GB songs not showing up in Garageband 10.0.0

I've updated to the latest versions of iOS, OS X, and Garageband on Mac and iOS.

Songs that I've created on iOS GB and have uploaded to iCloud are not showing up in Mac Garageband.

I can search for the songs in Finder on my Mac, and they show up (the path just says "iCloud"), so they've successfully been beamed across to the Mac from the iPad. But when I click "open existing project" in Mac Garageband, the open dialogue just has the "iCloud for Garageband" splash, and no documents show up.

If I doubleclick the files that Finder shows up, then GB gives me a Save As dialogue. It wants to save a duplicate of the song back to iCloud, with a "1" appended to the file name (I suppose I could also drag and drop the files from the Finder search dialogue to the GB open dialogue, which I guess would also create a duplicate file with a "1" after the name). I don't want to do either of these yet as I don't want duplicate versions of all the files.

Anyone have the same issue, or got any ideas as to why the iCloud songs aren't showing up?

Also are the new GB apps meant to have complete file format equivalency, like the new iWork does?

thanks.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:27 AM

5 replies

Oct 23, 2013 1:34 AM in response to yojimbo2000

OK, I think I've worked it out.

You have to press File > iCloud > Import iOS song

The iOS files don't just show up like they do in iWork (where before it would warn you that the file format would need to be changed, and ask if you wanted to save a copy). In Mac GB the iOS songs aren't visible in the normal iCloud open dialogue at all.

I guess this means that unlike the new iWork, the new GB does not have file equivalency? Hence the need for "import" and conversion? If that's the case, it might even be better not to use iCloud at all, but just airdrop the files you need across to the Mac.

Nov 3, 2013 2:45 PM in response to yojimbo2000

I have the same problem, but your solution doesn't work for me. I still get an empty screen, with a message telling me to create a song in iOS and it will show up here (which I did and it doesn't).

Using latest version of both apps, on the iPad and on the Mac. Signed into my iCloud account the same way on both devices. Other apps (Numbers, for instance) are able to share documents. iCloud is enabled on each device, and GarageBand is instructed to use iCloud. GarageBand on the iPad can create and view its own documents, including ones that I created months ago. GarageBand on the Mac can create and view its own documents in iCloud. They just don't see each others'.

iCloud GB songs not showing up in Garageband 10.0.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.