Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My drive ejects discs several times before reading them

My MacBook is only two years old and I've been buying Macs since 1988. Always loved them for their reliability, but I now have a drive which ejects DVDs/CDs half a dozen times before it eventually decides to acept and read them. This also applies to disks I've burned myself on this very MacBook, so it's not a format issue.

I bought a DVD/CD lens cleaner and it's made no difference. I am pretty disgusted at a MacBook that's barely two years old having this problem. Macs are expensive. You don't buy a new one every two years, especially if you're on a limited budget.

I am faced with the prospect of having to buy either an external drive or ordering and installing a new internal one. I have loads of my graphic work backed up on CD and can't afford to have a non-functioning drive. I have always been a Mac man, but this is making me rather irritated!! I could have bought a Windows (pah, wash my mouth out) laptop for half the price when I bought the MacBook!

Am I missing something? Is there possibly another solution out there?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:40 AM

There are no replies.

My drive ejects discs several times before reading them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.