Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the easiest and most cost effiencent way to upgrade my iPad 2 to the iPad Air?

So I've had my iPad 2 for quite some time, and as you all know technology gets old quickly. And with the announcement of the new iPad Air, I'd like to get it and sell/trade in my iPad 2 for the most I can get out of it. But the problem is, the screen is pretty badly cracked from an accident I had 2 years ago. Do you think it would be best if I got it fixed by a third party, and sold it for a higher value or something else? It's an iPad 2 64gb.

Thank you in advance!

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 2:18 AM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2013 3:12 AM in response to Awsaim

I think you need to put yourself in a buyers position. Would you want to buy an iPad with a cracked screen, even if it was really cheap? I wouldn't, you may not either. But someone might, so why not try advertising it and asking for offers and see what happens? You've nothing to lose really have you?

So I think it would be worth finding out how much it would be to fix the screen, while comparing the cost of the new iPad Air and also taking in to account the current prices of iPad 2, if the screen is nearly as dear as a new iPad 2 it may be time to just count your losses and buy an iPad Air.

Regards,

Steve

Oct 23, 2013 4:35 AM in response to Awsaim

You can do the exchange and turn your device in for recycling at Apple and get 10% off the Air, I believe the policy is.

Might get you more than what you'd get from a damaged device.

if it were in good shape I'd suggest Amazon or Best Buy (in the US) because they buy devices for store credit. They resell them, but the damaged screen would affect that.

As suggested above, you could look into third party repair places and see how much they cost. However I don't see you getting more than a couple hundred out of your iPad even if it were in great shape.

What's the easiest and most cost effiencent way to upgrade my iPad 2 to the iPad Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.