Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Mavericks Bug (Preview app)

Just upgraded to Mavericks today morning...

I opened a bunch of pdfs using Preview, and I clicked on the search field to search for a word...Whenever I start typing, Preview crashes...

Then I looked into it and found out....it crashes when there is a '-' in the search criteria or when there are more than 18 characters...(though I'm not sure about it, its my assumption)

Have any of you experienced the same? And what can I do about it

Thanks,

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 6:08 AM

I have the same problem too!

When searching a few documents on preview i cant type in more than three letters without it crashing, its so annoying. It was working just fine before i installed mavericks so im thinking its the most probable cause.

I've tried changing round the settings but it didn't really help, and cause im a noob at this stuff i dont wanna mess around with anything serious without knowing what im doing.

Would really appreciate any solution for this!!!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2013 6:08 AM in response to SSaiT

I have the same problem too!

When searching a few documents on preview i cant type in more than three letters without it crashing, its so annoying. It was working just fine before i installed mavericks so im thinking its the most probable cause.

I've tried changing round the settings but it didn't really help, and cause im a noob at this stuff i dont wanna mess around with anything serious without knowing what im doing.

Would really appreciate any solution for this!!!

OSX Mavericks Bug (Preview app)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.