Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Keynote - podcast constantly downloads

Hi folks

I've got an issue where the most recent Apple Keynote (the 22 October 2013 one - new iPad Air etc) downloads constantly to my mac. The result of this is that I have consumed 100Gb of data in less than 24 hours.

I thought this would be easy to resolve - delete the podcast. Not so fast! It refuses to be deleted, keeps reappearing and starts downloading yet again.

Any ideas what I can do?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Andy

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 3:44 AM

I too have the same problem, so as a temporary fix I left it unwatched. Today it downloaded another copy of the same podcast, so I now have 2 unwatched podcasts of the same event. Weird!

2 replies

Oct 29, 2013 5:49 AM in response to AndyEakin

Same problem here. That same keynote downloaded about 10 times overnight (last week) but I didn't end up with 10 copies, only 1, they seemed to get deleted after being downloaded but used up a lot of bandwidth overnight.

Once I noticed that it was happening I stopped the downloading cycle/loop and then triggered the download again by clicking on the cloud button next to the podcast entry. Once downloaded I synced it to my iPhone and I thought everything was all good.

This morning I noticed that the podcast was no longer in iTunes on my computer but my iPhone still has it. I have not watched it so it didn't delete it because it had been watched. I re-downloaded it to my computer by clicking the cloud button.

Then I clicked the podcast refresh button (3 quarter circle with an arrow at the top, left of the podcasts window) and the podcast got deleted and started to re-download! I can't get this to stop happening, probably have to unsubscribe from the podcast.

My settings for this podcast are: Subscribed with keep "Last 5".

I would also note that this is not a new problem, I have had this before with this very podcast. Previous keynote podcasts have re-downloaded themselves multiple times but this time it seems to be happening more often for some reason.

iTunes 11.1.1 (11) on Mac OS X 10.8.5 but, as mentioned above, I have had this problem in the past with older versions of iTunes and Mac OS X.

Apple Keynote - podcast constantly downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.