Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem to connect to Safari and App Store with Wifi after installing OS X Mavericks

I'm having problems connecting to Safari and App Store, via Wifi-connection(!), after installing OS X Mavericks. I tried to use Google Chrome-reader, and it worked great! It's also possible to connect to other programs, such as Dropbox. However, I can connect to Safari and App Store when using Bluetooth-connection thru my iPhone. The problem only seems to be with Apples own softwares.

Anyone got a solution?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 2:30 AM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2014 6:01 AM in response to RazNuk

I had similar problem. I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mevrics five das ago and after that my Apple App store, Safari and Itune App Store stopped working. For your information, I use Entourage for my e mails and Entourage also was freezing. I use Mac Book Pro which I purchased in Late 2010. 2.66 ghz Intel core Duo, 4 GB Ram and 319 GB hard drive.

I tried reinstall of Mevericks 3 times, From Disk Utility I repaired hard drive and also Repared Disk Permissions 3 times, rebooted computer 3 times. None of this worked.

SOLUTION: Finaly I unchecked all of the checkmarks in the "PROXIS" screen of the Advanced section of the Network preferences and IT WORKED.

Now my Mac Book Pro and upgraded OSX Mevrickis are working fine. The Safari is Working fine and also the Itunes App Store and Apple App store can be logged in without any problems.

I hope this helps to you.

Problem to connect to Safari and App Store with Wifi after installing OS X Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.