Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi On Mac Book Pro Not Connecting

The wifi I am about to lose my mind! The wifi on my mac book pro will not connect to my home router. I had this problem when I moved in (2 months ago) and the solution would be to unplug the router and the cable modem and plug them back in a few minuets later. However, that fix is no longer working. My network has a password protected option and one without a password. I can connect to the password protected option fine. However, after a period of time that ranges from a few seconds to a few minuets I will get a pop up that says "connection time out has occurred" and I will no longer have internet connection. I have to go back to the wifi icon on the top tool bar and reselect the network. This happens non-stop. When I try to connect to the other password-protected network I will enter my password and it says connection time out has occurred and will not connect. If I enter the wrong password it just says invalid password. EVERYTHING else I own works on the network. My roku, ipod, ipad, kindle, galaxy 4, my roomate's iPhone, and both my roomates' laptops (neither are macs). It is not a matter of there being too much traffic on the network (like Apple suggested) because I have disconnected literally everything else just to see if it would work and it still did not. My internet works fine when I am on my college campus, but when I go other places like Starbucks or the air port I do notice that my internet is substantially slower then the people sitting next to me.

So I called Apple because I bought the extended apple care. They went through their long list of troubleshooting...it all failed...so naturally they concluded that it must be the router that’s causing the problems.

Its not the router. Everythign else works on the network. There is post after post on here about the same exact thing happening to literally hundreds of other people. It is a brand new router. And at my last apartment wifi was included in the rent (so it was the apartment's router not one I bought) and the same problem still occurred (Apple has record of this because I called them then too). At my old apartment I resorted to just plugging it in the wall with an Ethernet cord but unfortunately, that is not an option at my new house.

Apple said that I can bring it in and have them look at it but it’s obviously going to work there and I really do not have time to drive all the way there for them to just tell me that since it works there it must be router's fault when I know its not.

Has anyone had any luck in dealing with Apple and Apple Care in regards to this issue

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 3:23 AM

There are no replies.

Wifi On Mac Book Pro Not Connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.