Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iWork'09 3rd party Keynote themes into Keynote 6.0?

1. I had iWork '09 installed on my computer from the old installation disk. It was not clear at the keynote that I would receive the updates for free as I already owned them. I was expecting to see the updates when I opened up the App Store, but they were not there which gave the impression that I was SOL since I didn't purchase them through the App Store. I even received the message "[App name] is already installed, purchase anyway?", but that message is cryptic and not clear that I was going to receive the update, so I wound up purchasing the iWork apps again, just to wake up this morning to find out that I should have received them for free. I am truly hoping for a refund, because at $20 each, that's a big difference between that and free.

2. I opened up keynote to play with the new features, but because the internal architecture is different, it no long references my old themes folder in Library > Application Support > iWork > Keynote. I have tried copying the files to other permutations of possible reference folders in the global and user libraries, but have had no success. These 3rd party themes were not cheap either. I'm sure there is a way to get them to show up in the Keynote Theme Selector, but I haven't stumbled on it yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 3:32 AM

There are no replies.

How do I get my iWork'09 3rd party Keynote themes into Keynote 6.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.