Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just completed most recent software update (October 23, 2013) and now iTunes will not open.

An error window opens up indicating "An unknown error occurred (-45054)"

User uploaded file

When I click on 'OK' both the message box and iTunes close; everytime.

Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 7:02 AM

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have performed Repair Disk Permissions, restarted, restarted into Safe Boot and the error continues. No disk problems.

The log shows the following errors on each launch of iTunes

10/23/13 8:53:12.614 AM iTunes[334]: AVF error: flow_KE1 acceleratorCreate 1

10/23/13 8:53:17.195 AM iTunes[334]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_WRITE] delete: "No such file or directory" - 0x2

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2013 7:02 AM in response to BHofmeister

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have performed Repair Disk Permissions, restarted, restarted into Safe Boot and the error continues. No disk problems.

The log shows the following errors on each launch of iTunes

10/23/13 8:53:12.614 AM iTunes[334]: AVF error: flow_KE1 acceleratorCreate 1

10/23/13 8:53:17.195 AM iTunes[334]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_WRITE] delete: "No such file or directory" - 0x2

Nov 8, 2013 12:26 PM in response to SlowAJ

The issue is access to the /User/Shared folder (usually Macintosh HD -> Users -> Shared).

Do a Get Info on this folder, check to make sure your username has a minimum of Read access to this folder. If not, change the permissions for this folder.

If you are running OS X Server, this requires changing File Sharing permissions for the Shared Folder "Shared". The user running iTunes requires a minimum of Read Only access.

Nov 9, 2013 10:19 AM in response to BHofmeister

+1 on the Solution.

I ran into this after upgrading from Lion to Mavericks. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why iTunes was crashing. After I deleted iTunes, re-installed from the stand-alone image from the Apple website, and updated iTunes with 11.1.3 it was still crashing at launch with the ~45054 error.

I ran Repair Permisisons form the Disk Utility and iTunes fired right up without a problem.

Thanks!

Jul 1, 2014 11:18 AM in response to simonp_au

Try this friend:

ERROR 45054 en iTunes

Este error que no permite que iTunes accese a las descargas y actualizaciones de las Aplicaciones ahí manejadas en sincronización con iPad o iPhone…se genera por un fallo en la restauración de la carpeta COMPARTIDA que está en:

RAIZ\Usuarios\Compartido\adi

Esta carpeta “ adi “, se le observará que presenta un circulo rojo con un signo MENOS en el interior, lo que aparentemente indica que, el usuario de la cuenta en uso, no tiene privilegios para modificarla.

Así de que simplemente, se debe posicionar el cursor sobre la carpeta adi

1) abrir la ventana contextual con el mouse (o dos dedos en el mouse pad)

2) Elegir VER INFORMACION

3) En la esquina inferior derecha de la ventana, se observa un candado CERRADO

4) Click sobre el candado y proporcionar la CONTRASEÑA de Usuario

5) Se verá que a la izquierda del candado aparece “ Privilegio “ y…

sólo en SISTEMA se lee Privilegio: Leer y escribir y en los otros usuarios: DENEGADO

6) Se les debe modificar el privilegio de DENEGADO a Leer y escribir a las otras cuentas

7) Se hace click de nuevo sobre el candado y…..PROBLEMA RESUELTO

(al menos en OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks me funcionó bien)

June 2, 2014

45054 ERROR in iTunes

This error does not allow iTunes ACCESS, downloads and updates for the Apps there managed in sync with iPad or iPhone ... is generated by a failure in the restoration of the SHARED folder " adi ":

ROOT \ Users \ Shared \ adi

This folder "adi", you will notice that has a red circle with a minus sign inside, which apparently indicates that the user's account, does not have privileges to modify.

So it simply, you must position the cursor on the folder adi

1) Open the pop-up window with the mouse (or two fingers on the mouse pad)

2) Choose REFER

3) Observed a lock in the bottom right corner of the window, CLOSED

4) Click on the lock and provide the User Password

5) You will see that on the left lock "Privilege" appears and ...

only reads SYSTEM Privilege: Read and Write and other users: DENIED

6) Must be modified DENIED them the privilege to read and write to the other accounts

7) We click on the lock again to close it...and...PROBLEM SOLVED

(At least on OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks it work for me)

• (2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.