Skip navigation

New numbers and cell referencing on different tables

253 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 8:38 AM by Malcolm McIvor RSS
Malcolm McIvor Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 23, 2013 4:27 AM

I have a spreadsheet for simple accounting where the entries are sorted by date, with the new numbers you can now sort by date and the formulas are all moved around correctly. However a 2nd table on the same sheet which references those cells in table 1 gets totally messed up and the formula cells on table 2 are no longer looking at the correct cells on table 1. Has anyone else come across this yet

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)
  • Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,190 points)

Malcolm,

You have surfaced the first substantive operational change - that is change in the mechanics behind the curtain - that I have heard about.

This would probably be to address the numerous complaints that Numbers used to sort differently than Excel. Numbers now continues to point at the same cell location, not the same data, after a sort as it did before the sort, in cross table references.

Lots of folks will be happy that their Excel imports will work better.

I've said this all without seeing your particular problem. If you post a screen shot and a description of what is happening and what you would rather see happen, I'll help you to straighten it out.

Jerry

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.