Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cubase 7 and Mackie Onyx don't work on Mavericks - HELP

I am a user interface, Mackie Onyx Blackjack . To date, was using it on a Mac Mini 2013 ( i5 , 4GB RAM) running Mac OS X 10.8 , today I installed the latest OS X Mavericks ( 10.9) , and unfortunately there was a problem . On a daily basis I work on Cubase Elements 7 . When I ran it today after installing Mac OS 10.9 I heard a loud noise from the speakers. Cubase does not play sounds , it seems to be merely a loud noise, and shows as if everything was okey and sound to play except that the audio inputs are always distorted . I tried to change the settings of the controller, cache , reset the controller , etc. - nothing helps . When Putting the driver to " built -in" everything goes back to normal, and the sound is played through the speakers built into Mac Mni .

When you turn off and unplug Cubase and reconnecting Onyx'a , I can choose in the preferences as the default , and play music on the computer , etc. - everything is okay . Until no inclusion Cubase , then sits down and everything is noise.

Please help and guidance to what I should do , whether it is the fault of the driver and whether it will have any update ?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 5:37 AM

4 replies

Oct 24, 2013 2:53 AM in response to MadMad2

you have to wait for an update by Steinberg. There's nothing, you can do 😟 I have the same problems...

"

Steinberg states that for all products (except Cubase LE/AI/Elements 7.0.6) there is an issue with the CoreAudio2ASIO component when using audio hardware in class-compliant mode. This may cause “dangerous digital noise.” Some of their interfaces need updating as well to ensure full compatibility. They recommend not upgrading to Mavericks quite yet. Steinberg is working to provide you with updates for affected products as soon as possible."

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/mavericks-mac-os-x-10-9-compatibili ty-information/

Nov 12, 2013 5:19 AM in response to denniliebe

I have reacently aquired Cubase Artist and updated to 7.06 and I still have the problem steinberg alude to in their update. I foolishly updated to OS X 10.9 Mavericks trusting Apple to pass me a product to which my 'New' product would be compatible with.

Are we led to believe that Steinberg never knew Apple were about to drop the Mavericks bomb all over the Mac-User's Cubase world? And Apple, being oh so considerate to us by giving away the product for free when they are using us to work out the bugs in the programme. I am so frustrated! I have a mac that does all sorts of crazy stuff i.e. not saving when updating system preferences which the upgrade changed and a music software programme which for all intents and purposes may as well be on paper.

It's understandable products have to live and grow but legacy connections need to be considered. We are not all companies with a wealth of IT expertieze and the finance to just go out and buy the latest/working tech to replace that which isn't working. Apple's consideration here is null.

Come on the guys at Steinberg and Apple, get your act together and sort it out!

Cubase 7 and Mackie Onyx don't work on Mavericks - HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.