Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Archive Emails in Mavericks!

I am unable to archive emails in Mavericks.

This is what happens:

1. I am archiving emails in one or all mailboxes and then I switch to a different mailbox in Mail.

3. Then I switch back again to the previous mailbox and all the emails I tried to archive earlier, appear in the same mailbox (inbox)

Any sollutions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iOS7

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 6:18 AM

4 replies

Oct 28, 2013 6:51 AM in response to kaz78

I've posted this question elsewhere (going to close it now) and I fixed it by selecting "Rebuild" from the Mailbox menu. It took a while to complete (see the floating activity window), but once that was done, Archiving worked.

Oddly it worked for me on some messages but not others, and there was no pattern to which worked (from, to, subject, etc.)

Try this and let's see if it works for you too.

Oct 29, 2013 11:21 PM in response to kaz78

Yes this is with Google Apps. I have had to do it twice now, but it works. I rebuild, wait, quit, restart, and it works.

It is a bug, but for now I can work around it. When it works, it works really well.

You really MUST have deleted the account from Mail.app and recreated it, otherwise it does not work.

Unable to Archive Emails in Mavericks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.