Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since ios 7.0 I have been unable to use home sharing on my iPad v3 and iPhone 4S.

With ios 6, I was able to watch movies and listen to music on my iPad and iPhone streaming form my Windows 8.1 computer running iTunes 11.1.2.31. Now with ios 7 (currently runing 7.0.3 on both iPhone 4S and iPad v3) I can'd do this. Home sharing appears to time out after 30+ minutes. If you hit Cancel during any point, then click on the shared library again, you get a "Unable to turn on Home Sharing" error message. Both iPhone and iPad react exactly the same. However, my Apple TVs are working just fine and can view video or listen to audio with no difficulty. I have tried turning off home sharing, library sharing, deauthorizing the computer, closing iTunes, re-opening iTunes, the re-enabling everything, but no progress has been made.

Anyone have a suggetion on how to fix this?

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 7:17 AM

3 replies

Since ios 7.0 I have been unable to use home sharing on my iPad v3 and iPhone 4S.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.