Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to OS X Server 3 and now all my Enrolled devices are gone

I upgraded to OS X Mavericks and did not recieve any errors when I upgrade to the new server. I have 200 devices that were enrolled and are now missing and say null. I did a "sudo serveradmin fullstatus postgres" and get this error, postgress:error = "Cannot_Load_Bundle_err"

I don't think my database is being loaded correctly. Any ideas on how to solve this problem and get my devices back?

Thank you.

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 8:08 AM

19 replies

Oct 23, 2013 11:36 AM in response to mdstorm

I am also seeing the same behavior... Using pgAdmin3 I was able to connect to the PostgreSQL instance... It seems there is an entirely new database titled devicemgr_v2m0. This is what the current profile manager is making use of... I noticed that the old schema was in fact migrated in the database device_management. It still contains records for all registered devices and such, however it seems that information never made it over to the devicemgr_v2m0 database.

The new table schemas are different otherwise I'd try backing up and restoring various tables into the new database..

Have any of you noticed that device_groups are being restored? That is the only thing on my MDM that made it over, however device group memberships did not transfer...

Oct 28, 2013 11:50 AM in response to cragiboy

You might try the command I suggested at the end of this other, similar discussion:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5467701?start=15&tstart=0

Which is this:

sudo psql -U _devicemgr -d device_management -h /Library/Server/ProfileManager/Config/var/PostgreSQL -c "update devices set \"InstalledApplicationList\" = NULL;"

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/devicemgr/config/wipeDB. sh

Note that the 2nd command (wipeDB.sh) will erase ALL current Server 3 Profile Manager data (but only Profile Manager data--data of the other Server 3 services will not be affected) and, if you upgraded from Server 2.2 or earlier, will try to migrate the pre-Server 3 Profile Manager data again.

Oct 29, 2013 7:50 AM in response to mdstorm

I lost all the settings in the devicegroups after the upgrade to 3.0.

I also realized that the upgrade destroyed my open directory leaving me no choise to restore my server to 10.8.5 again.

I have 1594 iPads and a handful of MacBook Pros that I manage with PM, and with no open dir, no new devices could enroll.

So I'm quite upset that Apple isn't testing their software good enough before selling it.

It's Ship-n-fix mentality.

/traz

Nov 4, 2013 9:36 AM in response to lelio98

lelio98,

Your problem appears to be different from the one in this thread. You would mind starting a new discussion and adding the link to it here? If you would also paste into the new thread the last 50 or so lines from the migration_tool.log and devicemgrd.log files (in /Library/Logs/ProfileManager) and I will look at those in the new thread. Thanks.

Nov 4, 2013 12:27 PM in response to mscott_mdm

According to the migration log on mine, it isn't the installed applications:

1:: [552] [2013/11/04 08:32:37.280] Starting migration of 'LabSession'...

2:: [552] [2013/11/04 08:32:37.575] Updating PGModel 'LabSession' (table 'lab_sessions')

0:: [552] [2013/11/04 08:32:39.548] [1;7;31mEXCEPTION: [0;31m Postgres <-[PGConnection executeSQL:withParams:] (/SourceCache/RemoteDeviceManagement/RemoteDeviceManagement-848.17/Compiled/Fra mework-Models/Postgres/PGConnection.m:432): "Postgres error 22001 (ERROR: value too long for type character varying(63)

)"> [0m [0m

Is it safe to remove this too?

Upgraded to OS X Server 3 and now all my Enrolled devices are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.