Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t see Aperture Library in new Keynote and new Pages but yes in old Numbers

I update to Mavericks. Then the same for Aperture, Keynote and Pages. In the iWork programs, when i try to open media i can not see my Aperture Library. But in the old version of Numbers yes, i can see de Aperture Library.

Of course yes, I repared permisions, update previews for photos and also change to other Aperture libraries. But nothing works yet.

Any one whith the same problem?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Keynote 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 8:02 AM

5 replies

Nov 9, 2013 12:30 AM in response to fjmontero

I just did a test in the Guest account with a test library and it seems that the problem can be caused by the file name for the photo file, including the extension. If the file is named iPhoto Library.photolibrary, Pages shows the photos. If it is called Aperture Library.aplibrary then Pages can't find the photos.

When I renamed an Aperture file, Aperture then created a blank library when I opened it. I was able to open the renamed library in Aperture by choosing Switch to Other Library and then opening the renamed one.

I haven't tested this with the Aperture library full of photos because changing the name might cause other unexpected problems and I don't want to take the risk.

This seems to be a bug that Apple could fix fairly easily in an update so I'll wait for the fix.

Hope this helps.

Dec 17, 2013 10:45 AM in response to fjmontero

So basically here's what I did:

Created a new library. Let iphoto name it. (it was named Photo Library).

Openned iWork (I don't care which app...they all do the same **** thing)

Click on Media, and voila. There is my library, with the photos in it.

NOW.....I changed the name of the new library to something else. Open it in iphoto or aperture. I see the photos in the app. When I open it with iWork, now it's empty and says that there is NO media.

I work with multiple libraries, and there are all named according to subject (Work, Family, etc.).

Apple has screwed the pooch with this abysmal version of the software.

If you are happy putting ALL your photos in 1 library, good for you. If not, your screwed.

Can´t see Aperture Library in new Keynote and new Pages but yes in old Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.