Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide or Remove Safari Sidebar

A few things, re: Mavericks:

How do I disable the Safari Sidebar now in Safari 7.0? I don't like it, I find it very annoying and it takes up too much screen space. You want to travel to a new page and hit your bookmarks icon and the side bar opens. Select your website and the side bar remains open unless you undertake another mouse stroke to close it and even then it will often freeze and not close. Note: it is more than annoying because I use two 30" Cinema displays that work as one 5 foot display so I've got to travel like a mad man to the left hand side of Safari to close up the thing.

When Apple adds these types of features do they ever take customer input?

What's going to happen is that I will end up dropping Safari for SeaMonkey or Firefox.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 3.6GHz 32G RAM 32TB HD Memory

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2015 7:20 PM

Lol at some of the lemming replies here. Yup, this "feature" very annoying.

I would also like to DISABLE the sidebar. As a workaround, I've been running Safari in a window stretched out as large as I can make it instead of fullscreen.

8 replies

Hide or Remove Safari Sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.