Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does Apple Care cover that normal warranty doesn't cover?

Hi,

I'm going to purchase the new macbook pro, but i'm in doubt wether I should get Apple Care or not.

I know it extends the warrenty up to 3 years.

But apart from that, looking at the first year, are there any things that Apple Care covers that the normal 1 year standard Apple warranty doesn't cover?

One more thing, I'm from Beglium and I figured out the fastest way to get the new macbook pro is online on the Apple store. If I do get Apple Care can I go to any local apple supplier to get help when something is broken under warranty? Even if I didn't bought the macbook at their store.

Any help is appreciated!

Extra: Does anyone know if your laptop gets stolen if it's covered under warranty/apple care?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 10:10 AM

4 replies

Oct 23, 2013 10:19 AM in response to mascherano16

AppleCare extends the standard product warranty to three years, and free telephone support from the standard 90 days to three years as well.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

If I do get Apple Care can I go to any local apple supplier to get help when something is broken under warranty? Even if I didn't bought the macbook at their store.

Yes.

Does anyone know if your laptop gets stolen if it's covered under warranty/apple care?

No, that is a question for your personal property insurer.

Oct 23, 2013 10:19 AM in response to mascherano16

mascherano16 wrote:

1 year standard Apple warranty doesn't cover?

Apple care gives you telephone support for the entire 3 year period rather than 90 days.

If I do get Apple Care can I go to any local apple supplier to get help when something is broken under warranty? Even if I didn't bought the macbook at their store.

The Apple warranty is world wide. You can have your MBP serviced anywhere regardless where you purchased it.

Does anyone know if your laptop gets stolen if it's covered under warranty/apple care?

No. Then you are on your own. Insure via a homeowners policy.

Ciao.

Oct 23, 2013 10:31 AM in response to mascherano16

Thanks for the help!

So whatever the technical problems are, the same thing are covered?

Because I thought some things like battery for exemple aren't covered in the normal warranty? But are covered with the Apple Care?

This is one the belgian site of apple.

User uploaded file

The second line says: Extra Apple Hardware reparation possibilities.

So what are these extra's? Or are they just talking about the extended warranty?

What does Apple Care cover that normal warranty doesn't cover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.