Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Collaboration only via web?

If i share a link to collaborate it appears that the recepient has to edit on browser, and they can't in OSX or iOS version of Pages/Numbers etc?

Am i missing something?

iPad

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 1:59 PM

No unfortunately you are exactly right.

The collaboration features - nice as they are - only works in the browser.

That means if you're editing a document in Pages on Mac or iOS and choose to share it with others they have to use a browser to edit it, and you will be forced to switch to use a browser as well, if you want to edit the document at the same time.

It a shame!

The best we can do is to post a feedback request to let them know that this is a feature we want!

I've already done so myself.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2013 1:59 PM in response to adeharding

No unfortunately you are exactly right.

The collaboration features - nice as they are - only works in the browser.

That means if you're editing a document in Pages on Mac or iOS and choose to share it with others they have to use a browser to edit it, and you will be forced to switch to use a browser as well, if you want to edit the document at the same time.

It a shame!

The best we can do is to post a feedback request to let them know that this is a feature we want!

I've already done so myself.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

Feb 15, 2014 6:04 AM in response to Franken

+1.

It's a shame that I have to use the web version to collaborate with people. It kinda push me away of the standalone program, as I am afraid to overwrite changes (of which I get notified when someone changed the online version while I was working on the document).

But I guess it would be hard to keep track of all changes made if someone were working online and I was working off-line, without an internet connection. That would create a conflict that, IMHO, would be hard to solve.

But still, it would be nice to have the option of collaborating while connected to the internet if using the program, instead of having to use the web version.

Collaboration only via web?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.