Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Aperture 3.5 Library Compatible with Version 3.45?

I have a Mac Pro 1,1 running Aperture 3.45 under 10.7.5 (Lion) and a MBA with 10.9 (Mavericks) installed. As you know, the old Mac Pro isn't compatible with Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

The Aperture update is showing on the MBA with Mavericks, but not on the Mac Pro with Lion. My understanding is that Aperture 3.5 requires Mavericks and won't run on previous OS version.

My question is whether the libraries are compatible between Aperture 3.45 and 3.5. I regularly use external media and exports projects as libraries to edit with the MBA while on the road.

I won't upgrade to Aperture 3.5 on the MBA until compatibility between the old and new versions is assured. It seems that given this situation, that Apple would make the libraries work together as you swtich between platforms for editing.

Thanks in advance for any information on compatibility of libraries between Aperture versions.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 10:36 AM

1 reply

Is Aperture 3.5 Library Compatible with Version 3.45?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.