Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1.2.31 Won't Finish Sync with iPad 3

I just updated to iTunes 11.1.2.31 and when I sync my iPad (model MD368LL/A) iTunes gets stuck on "Finishing Sync". It does not seem to have any ill effect on the iPad when I disconnect it.

My iPhone 5S syncs without problem.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 10:44 AM

105 replies

Oct 23, 2013 3:32 PM in response to Tony in Ottawa

So I was having this issue with my iPhone 4s. I just updated both iTunes & my iPhone to the new updates released within the last 24 hours. My iPhone wouldn't finish syncing... even after 10 minutes it was still "finishing sync." This occurred when my phone was plugged into my laptop through the cable. I then tried to sync using the "sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" option, without it being plugged in. It worked. I'm not sure why, but it worked. I hope this may help some of you guys...

Oct 23, 2013 7:53 PM in response to Tony in Ottawa

So i just let iTunes run while I watched an episode of Sons of Anarchy.. what I thought was iTunes freezing was just iTunes taking extremely long.. for a 1day old iPhone 5S w/only a handful of apps and contacts to sync, no music, movies, podcasts, or photos, should normally take about 1-2mins. to sync.. except with just updated iTunes 11.1.2.31 this 1-2mins. process is taking 30+mins.. this is just flippin ridiculous!!!... smh~

Oct 24, 2013 10:57 AM in response to Tony in Ottawa

Same thing has been happening to me after updating both iTunes and my iPhone today... keeps getting stuck at "Finishing Sync." I managed to fix it though... when it's stuck on "Finishing Sync", find your device in iTunes (if you have the preview pane open on the left side, you'll see it under 'devices'). Then click the 'Sync" button on the bottom right. It'll do a sync to your device again, but it won't hang on the last step anymore (at least it didn't for me). I hope that helps anyone else with the same problem!

Oct 25, 2013 1:34 AM in response to gearmaster

I'm having this issue on the following computers and devices:

• 2011 15" MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion with these devices: an iPad 2 running 7.0.3 and a 4G iPod Touch running 6.1.3.
  • 2010 13" MacBook Pro running Lion with a 3G iPod Touch running 5.1.1.

The problem started when I upgraded to iTunes 11.1.2. So, at least for me the culprit seems to be iTunes.

gearmaster wrote:

Same thing has been happening to me after updating both iTunes and my iPhone today... keeps getting stuck at "Finishing Sync." I managed to fix it though... when it's stuck on "Finishing Sync", find your device in iTunes (if you have the preview pane open on the left side, you'll see it under 'devices'). Then click the 'Sync" button on the bottom right. It'll do a sync to your device again, but it won't hang on the last step anymore (at least it didn't for me). I hope that helps anyone else with the same problem!

Thanks! That fixed it.

iTunes 11.1.2.31 Won't Finish Sync with iPad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.