Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update Aperture from version 3.4.5 to 3.5 without paying full price.

I read about the new Aperture update to version 3.5 but it does not appear in regular software updates. When I found it in the App Store it is listed at $79.99. I already own Aperture and currently have version 3.4.5. I understood this to be a free update.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 11:14 AM

It is free. Have you already upgraded to OS 10.9? Is Aperture in the Applications folder, at its root level, and not renamed in any way?

Ernie

4 replies

Oct 23, 2013 11:14 AM in response to Skrocki

It is a free update, most users are getting it without a problem however some users seem to be having difficulty.

First thing the update is only for system running Mavericks. HA=ave you upgraded the OS yet?

If you have is Aperture installed in the systems Applications folder and named Aperture. These two points are important for Software Update to do its thing.

Have you tun Software Update and update from the Mac App Store. In my case it did not show up in the App Store until I had updated from 3.4.5 to 3.5.

Some users have had success getting the upgrade by uninstalling Aperture, reinstalling from their original media and then running Software Update. Remember if you try this you will need your serial numbers for Aperture so make sure you have them before trying it.

Can't update Aperture from version 3.4.5 to 3.5 without paying full price.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.