Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can i do to make the sims 3 starters pack work on my macbook pro?

The sims 3 won't even pop up on my mac. it says on the box that it is MAC compatible. Does that mean anything? the sims 3 starter pack seems to be working on my brothers samsung laptop. why not my Mac?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Computer game

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 11:23 AM

1 reply

Oct 23, 2013 12:10 PM in response to Kelsey251

Mac/Windows compatible CDs if they predate 2006 won't work with Mac OS X 10.7 or later unless you run Windows on your Mac, or run 10.6 in virtualization because old PowerPC Mac software are only supported through Mac OS X 10.6.8 with the software in 10.6 called Rosetta. Some of that software may not work if there are very particular PowerPC drivers that need addressing.

The Full Sims 3 is available for Intel Macs, according to these system requirements. I would contact them to determine if they have tested it in 10.7 or later, as they may be trying to access older code from PowerPC Macs that wasn't completely eliminated in 10.5.7, the minimum system they say it will run on. Be sure to find your GPU in the System Profiler and see if it meets those specs. Maybe you just need to patch the Sims package.

P.S. Some Windows users and developers aren't aware that Mac is the nickname for Macintosh, and MAC is the acronym for Media Access Control the hexadecimal code identifying certain network devices.

What can i do to make the sims 3 starters pack work on my macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.