We have a small office network. All machines print to our Canon iR3380i copier. The iR3380i has a static IP address in our internal network. All machines currently use OS X Lion.
I updated my machine (2011 MacBook Air 13") to OS X Mavericks last night and can no longer print. Here are the error messages and steps I've taken:
1) First I got "Error 16801"
- To solve this I visited the Canon site to download the latest UFRII driver (v10.2.0) for the iR3380i
- I removed the current printer, updated my driver with the new UFRII driver
- I re-added the printer
2) Next I got "The printed output may be incorrect because the printer information has not been acquired. Start Printer Utility to get the printer information."
- The only option at this point is to hit "OK".
3) Next dialog box says "Cannot communicate with the printer, or the printer is not supported. If the printer is supported, check the printer connection and add it again, then start Printer Utility to get the printer information."
- Again, the only option I got was to hit "OK".
- The printer icon appears in the Dock with a PAUSE symbol and the 1 Job Pending alert.
- Opening the Printer Queue box shows one job in the queue.
- Hitting "Resume" generates the dialog box "Cannot communicate..." again.
And that's it. I cannot figure out what else to do. Help please!
I think your issue is that even though you have the latest 10.2.0 driver for 10.9, you added the printer using the previous v2.43 PPD. So open Print & Scan, remove the current printer for the iRC3380 and click the plus button to add again. After selecting IP > LPD and entering the IP address, ensure you select "Canon iR C2880/C3380" in the Use menu. Note that there is no mention of UFRII in the model name, as is the case with the previous UFR2 v2.43 driver.