Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1.2 "Now Playing" bar stuck on Apple logo

So as the title stats above, whenever I choose a song to play on my iTunes (11.1.2), it wont show up on the "Now Playing" bar in the middle between the "Skip buttons/Volume" and "Search". I also noticed a glitch, if you could call it that. When I slide fours fingers up on my track pad to reveal other apps open, iTunes shows up with the bar actually displaying track info, how long the track is, etc. But when I choose to switch to iTunes the Apple logo just appears and theres no way to fix it. I tried the up and down button to reveal more but nothing shows up either. Here look:

Keep in mind, theres is a track currently playing:
User uploaded file
and heres proof it does show up but only if I do the "reveal" action:
User uploaded file

So yeah, is it just a typical "update" error? Thank you for the response!

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 12:31 PM

9 replies

Oct 23, 2013 9:43 PM in response to JJaimeLopezz

Yeah, the same thing is happening to me when I upgraded, and I'd really like to have the song title and length/how much is left up in that title bar.

However, I did out that if you make it full screen, you'll notice in the left side of the title bar is the album/CD cover. If you click on that a small, seperate square pops up and if you then exit full screen, it stays on the desktop. When the next song comes up, it changes. If you scroll over it, then controls that use to be in teh title bar show.

*Shrug*

I'd prefer the old way, but maybe it's just a matter of the human adapting to the new software.

iTunes 11.1.2 "Now Playing" bar stuck on Apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.