Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks and Motion error -1

I am seeing a few oddities today running Motion in Mavericks that I haven't seen before.

A few renders have errored (error -1) and quit while rendering, and an ocasional crash when Motion is running unused in the background.

Anyone else blazing this trail yet? As ususal, Don't upgrade in the middle of a project.

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:26 PM

6 replies

Oct 24, 2013 9:54 AM in response to Tracy E

I'm in the process of upgrading right now. I'll take a look once my installs and updates are done. In the mean time, can you give more details about your project and export? Are you using anything special during the export (motion blur, depth of field, etc.) and what is your export method (export movie, Appel device). What codecs are you exporting to? For anyone to try to reproduce, you'll need to give details.

Jan 11, 2014 12:19 PM in response to GNDxero

Hi GNDxero,

I am having the same issue with the export. The issue is that it give me the "The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 2 (error -1)." I am on Snow Leapord 10.6.8 and do not want to update to Mavericks because I will loose access to Freehand. Any Ideas? I think i have narrowed it down to Videos imported and/or the Mask.

Mavericks and Motion error -1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.