Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot drag-and-drop copy a section in thumbnail view in new Pages?

Just like in PREVIEW of a multi-page PDF, I used to be able to press OPTION+LEFT CLICK then drag that section down to copy it. Now that feature seems to be gone? I hope this is an error!

This is a very helpful feature I hope you bring back or perhaps tell me the new way to do this!? For documents with extensive, complex content (text, graphics, photos) I made lots of sections. This way I could drag and drop copies of things I wanted to re-use.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:22 PM

10 replies

Oct 25, 2013 3:27 PM in response to Mike Boone

This is terrible. Just installed the new Pages and it does not work well at all. Can't even drag and drop pages from the preview bar?!?!?!?! Seems strange to upgrade to a version with less features! I now have to open Pages '09 and then it gives me a message that I must upgrade to the new version each time. Shades of Microsoft....... scary!

Oct 27, 2013 2:10 PM in response to Mike Boone

If there isn't some secret I'm missing then this version ***** big time and in fact makes it very unworkable as I've always relied upon copy and past of extra documents to a file AND to be able to duplicate a larger file that includes what I need and just delete the unneccesary pages in the thumbnail section. Now I can't delete a page from the file. This IS REALLY REALLY BAD Pages

It may require a reset of the entire computer as word processing is one of the most important functions of my computer.

Oct 27, 2013 2:40 PM in response to Mike Boone

I called Apple and was told for now to continue using the old version of Pages and to give feedback to support so that they bring back that feature. So back to Pages 09. Go into Finder and Applications and open up Pages 09. You can only use docs created in that version but it saves a lot of time compared to the hassles of the new version, for me at least.

Cannot drag-and-drop copy a section in thumbnail view in new Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.