Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no progress bar for Mavericks download

I'm trying to download Mavericks onto my MacBook Pro, Lion, using the App Store. The button changes to "Downloading", but I don't see any progress bar anywhere - not on the Mavericks window, not in "Purchased" (Although Mavericks shows up there with "Downloading" on the button, too.). I tried downloading Mavericks once before, but got an error when it started to install because, apparently, a partially downloaded version of Mavericks had been set as the Start Up Volume. I just recovered from that, and I'm trying to make sure I'm only downloading one Mavericks, and how long it's got left, but I have no way of telling either. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:50 PM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2013 6:12 PM in response to Jim Gilland

You can see a progress bar under the Mavericks icon in Launchpad. It will be the last icon on your last page on Launchpad. It will be a gray circle with and "X" in it.

Note that Mavericks is a HUGE file (5.9GB) and takes hours if not days to download. Progress can be very slow. It may take seveal hours before you can see the progress bar change from a dot to an elongated dot. Eventually it will become a growing bar.

How fast your download goes depends, of course, on the speed of your internet connection and how busy the servers are.

FY: I am upgrading from 10.7.5.

no progress bar for Mavericks download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.