Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add stompboxes (or any other fx) to a bass or vocal track in the new garageband (2013) ?

Hi,

I'm struggling big time with the new garage band. I want to do something very simple and I don't understand why I can't.

I want to create a basic track and add as many fx or stompboxes as I want, including electric guitar amps or bass amps if I fancy.

How do I do this ? That was dead easy with the previous version. Can't find it now.

I tried to reuse one of the bass presets but the amp and pedal board icons are desactivated. I can't get the pedalboard for my bass ! I used to be able to. Same for vocal or some guitar tracks.

Plus I want to add audio units but I can't...! How do you add AUs to a single track ? I reloaded all presets and they seem to appear nicely but no + / add button anywhere.

God, I couldn't wait for this updated and now I'm stuck. Please help !

Vivien.

Garage band '13-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:57 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2013 5:10 PM in response to twingocerise

You can add Audio Units but NOT the original Garageband effects (becuase they are not there anymore).

To insert Audio Units, just open the Smart Controls view and click on the "i" icon on the top left.

On the left, it will appear a box in which you can insert Audio Units. If not, check in the preferences, you should allow GB to use the Audio Units (there is a flag).

Aug 22, 2014 10:29 AM in response to twingocerise

Although you cannot load Logic Plugins in GarageBand X anymore as it was possible in GB11. However, there are a few exceptions, the Channel EQ, the Arpeggiatro, the Amp Designer and the Pedalboard.

The last two are automatically loaded when you create n Audio Track with the Guitar icon in the New Tracks Dialog. Or, you can load an Electric Guitars Patch from the Library onto any Audio Track.

Here are a few screenshots from my comprehensive GarageBand manual "GarageBand X - How it Works". where you can find all the details explained with rich graphics and diagrams.

User uploaded file

Once you loaded a Guitar Patch, you can open the Plguins from the Smart Controls Window with the two buttons on the Menu Bar:

User uploaded file

You can also control the Parameters from the Smart Controls Window. They are a subset of all the controller.

User uploaded file

Of al the 35 available Stompboxes, you can load only a maximum of 10 to the Pedalboard, which should be plenty.

TO load other AU Plugins, make sure that this feature is enabled in the Preferences and then open the Smart Controls Inspector with the i-button and you find the AU section at the bottom (resize high enough) where you can load up to four Audio FX Plugins.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How do you add stompboxes (or any other fx) to a bass or vocal track in the new garageband (2013) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.