Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost my alert tones which sending and receiving Skype messages on the I pad and I phone, it has worked on both until recently. I am not talking about the ringing tone but the ongoing and outgoing sounds when messaging.

Hello, I have a problem when using my iPad and iPhone and the Skype app. Until recently I had alert tones when sending and receiving messages which is useful when the screen has timed out but the phone/pad are still on. Now I have to keep switch on the screen to see if there are messages, I use Skype a lot for messaging and I am lost without the tones. I have tried resetting both the phone and the pad, please, can someone help, I am finding this to be quite a problem.

This is not to be confused with the Skype ringing tone, that's working but the alert tones arnt

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 2:01 PM

There are no replies.

I have lost my alert tones which sending and receiving Skype messages on the I pad and I phone, it has worked on both until recently. I am not talking about the ringing tone but the ongoing and outgoing sounds when messaging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.