Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant listen to my new album just some of the songs because it tells me my computer isnt authorized. which it is. it tells me to type in my user and pass and so i do and same problem

i cant listen to my new album just some of the songs because it tells me my computer isnt authorized. which it is. it tells me to type in my user and pass and so i do and same problem

Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 2:54 PM

3 replies

Oct 25, 2013 1:59 PM in response to JoeBar94

Hey JoeBar94,

That definitely sounds frustrating, let's see if we can resolve this issue. The following articles provide the most relevant troubleshooting information:

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1389

iTunes: Missing folder or incorrect permissions may prevent authorization

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1277

Thanks,

Matt M.

Oct 25, 2013 2:27 PM in response to JoeBar94

I am experiencing the same issue as well. When I try to play a song in iTunes, I am prompted to sign in. iTunes then give me an alert that says: This computer is already authorized...

I'll then try to play the same song again, and I get prompted to sign in again.

I'm using a macbook pro, and just recently moved my library from my old macbook.

Oct 25, 2013 4:20 PM in response to JoeBar94

i cant listen to my new album just some of the songs because it tells me my computer isnt authorized.

If just some of those tracks on that album are throwing that message at you, then that suggests the tracks are damaged.

If your country's iTunes Store allows you to redownload purchased tracks, I'd delete your current copies of the dodgy tracks and try redownloading fresh copies. For instructions, see the following document:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Otherwise, I'd report the problem to the iTunes Store.

Log in to the Store. Click on "Account" in your Quick Links. When you're in your Account information screen, go down to Purchase History and click "See all".

Find the items that are not playing properly. If you can't see "Report a Problem" next to the items, click the "Report a problem" button. Now click the "Report a Problem" links next to the items.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.