Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto (Mavericks) Shared Streams

Adding a new name to a shared stream and then hitting enter deletes all the names that were already there...nice bug.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 2:43 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2013 3:53 PM in response to Yer_Man

Hi, yes it's a strange problem. If there is a list of names in the shared stream, and you add a new one, if you then hit enter the existing names disappear for some reason. I tried with tab and arrow down also and this also gave a strange "jittery" response or it did not register the new name at all and I had to retry. Looking at the way it reacted and having tried different options, and having tried several times it looks like it may be the link to iCloud rather than the programme or the mac that it's running on. I will check it tomorrow when the network connection is not at a peak time. Thanks. (I will come back here with the results).

Oct 23, 2013 4:02 PM in response to GrahamC55

I can't duplicate that problem.

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

or with Lion and Mt. Lion delete the contents the User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto/
Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto
folder.

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

If you're running Mavericks, 10.9, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

iPhoto (Mavericks) Shared Streams

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.