Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the option to sync calendars and contacts is no longer available on my iTunes?

On the syncing page of itunes when you connect your device there used to be a "info" tab next to music and apps where you would sync contacts and calenders. It is no longer there for me. Does anyone know why?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 3:48 PM

I confirmed this morning with a senior-level tech that wifi and USB sync has been removed. Going forward, syncing will be iCloud only.

For myself, this is an unfortunate deal-breaker for Mavericks. It's a shame, Mavericks seemed a very good update.

2 replies

Mar 4, 2014 7:39 PM in response to echelon3

It took me over an hour to figure out why my contacts were not showing up in iTunes and the subsequent research ensued. In short, I had to "delete my existing iPhone 4 iCloud account" and establish new iPhone 5S account. Not as plug-and-play as it used to be. This is all following a year of my iPhone 4 operating slow as molasses after I "upgraded" to the lastest iOS. Makes me think twice about updating until hearing all the beta-type issues. What happened to "it just works"? Big machine, move slow.

I work hard all day and hope not to spend my hours in the evening just trying to figure things out. First-world problems I suppose.

Why is the option to sync calendars and contacts is no longer available on my iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.