Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN stopped working after upgrade to OS X (Mavericks). I get to the login prompt but can't connect (with password)

My VPN stopped working after the upgrade to Mavericks. I get the password prompt (which demonstrates that the VPN configuration is correct and that I am reaching the server with the shared secret) but connection fails.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 7:47 PM

See https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5467273

Short version: if you have kernel parameters set to non-default values in /etc/sysctl.conf, particularly kern.ipc.maxsockbuf or anything else relating to networking or memory management, you should remove them. If you don't know of a specific reason to keep that file (which isn't present on a standard Apple install) you should probably just remove it, since Mavericks has a lot of low-level improvements and changes which are likely to have obviated some historical performance tweaks and made others harmful.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2013 7:47 PM in response to rboddapati

See https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5467273

Short version: if you have kernel parameters set to non-default values in /etc/sysctl.conf, particularly kern.ipc.maxsockbuf or anything else relating to networking or memory management, you should remove them. If you don't know of a specific reason to keep that file (which isn't present on a standard Apple install) you should probably just remove it, since Mavericks has a lot of low-level improvements and changes which are likely to have obviated some historical performance tweaks and made others harmful.

VPN stopped working after upgrade to OS X (Mavericks). I get to the login prompt but can't connect (with password)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.