Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5.0 (NEW) - How to add page

This is probably super simple, but I hate that I have to use so much time to find out how to ADD A PAGE in Pages.

If I can not see it, then Apple has made this too advanced when it should be super simple.

Does anybody know how to add pages in the new version of Pages?

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 10:19 PM

Looks like you have to insert a Page Break, either from the Insert menu or the pink box with the + in it on the Toolbar of the window.

I can't get a Page Layout blank to open, so I've opened one of the Flyers & Posters then deleted all the content. I sometimes need larger poster layouts, so now I have to go to File>Page Setup... then under the Paper Size: popup select "Manage Custom Sizes..." and create the size I want. Then the new Document Inspector (View>Inspector>Document Setup) will recognize it and all of the other custom paper sizes I have created in the past.

If you do this, there is then an option under the Insert menu to add a Page rather than a Page Break as in word processing files.

I added Keyboard Shortcuts for the two Inspectors as Format – Shift-Command F and Document – Shift-Command-D.

Now I can save this layout as a Template and it shows up under File>New...>My Templates.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get an Advanced Find so I can replace special characters like Paragraph returns, Tabs, etc.

I think we are in for a little "re-orinetation" with the new iWork apps.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2013 10:19 PM in response to Lillianw83

Looks like you have to insert a Page Break, either from the Insert menu or the pink box with the + in it on the Toolbar of the window.

I can't get a Page Layout blank to open, so I've opened one of the Flyers & Posters then deleted all the content. I sometimes need larger poster layouts, so now I have to go to File>Page Setup... then under the Paper Size: popup select "Manage Custom Sizes..." and create the size I want. Then the new Document Inspector (View>Inspector>Document Setup) will recognize it and all of the other custom paper sizes I have created in the past.

If you do this, there is then an option under the Insert menu to add a Page rather than a Page Break as in word processing files.

I added Keyboard Shortcuts for the two Inspectors as Format – Shift-Command F and Document – Shift-Command-D.

Now I can save this layout as a Template and it shows up under File>New...>My Templates.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get an Advanced Find so I can replace special characters like Paragraph returns, Tabs, etc.

I think we are in for a little "re-orinetation" with the new iWork apps.

Oct 23, 2013 10:38 PM in response to Creig

As luck would have it...

After messing around a little more, I figured out how to create a blank Page Layout document.

Go to File>New... and select the Blank template under the Basic category. When the blank template opens, select View>Inspector>Document Setup. About half way down on the Inspector panel, just under the Header and Footer check boxes, you'll see a check box labeled "Document Body." Uncheck that.

This will give you a new blank Page Layout document and the Insert menu will now show Insert>Page as an option.

Oct 26, 2013 8:19 AM in response to Creig

Page Break worked. But it makes no sense. I find Apple forgetting their roots to being great and making complicated things simple. I will send a feedback to that.

Also.. Figures in Pages will not automatic center to each other. Can't find a setting to able it. To me that was a standard thing in Pages in its earlier versions.

Nov 6, 2013 12:22 PM in response to Lillianw83

Pages 4.3 is still in an iWork folder within your Application folder, and it still works. Apple is now actually directing users to do this.

In the meantime, rate on the App Store and leave Feedback:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

I just got off the line with 3rd level customer support who said they were VERY aware that this is a work in progress. They said they were working actively to "bring it back ."

Aug 4, 2014 6:20 AM in response to Creig

None of the replies necessarily work. It depends on what precise sequence of steps were taken in creating the document. Of all the dreadful experiences I've had trying to use the utterly terrible Pages application (come back Word all is forgiven) the fact that one cannot, ALWAYS, create a page in the middle of Pages document is surely the most terribly ironic failure of the terrible terrible application.

Pages 5.0 (NEW) - How to add page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.