Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I feel stupid asking this but here goes...

I upgraded to the new Numbers and when you save your spreadsheet and say your cursor is on row 500 column 10 and next time you open that spreadsheet how do you get back to that position without scrolling or paging down a million times? In an Excel spreadsheet it remembers the last spot you were in, does Numbers have a way to remember the last spot?

In the previous version of Numbers I could just tap the down arrow and it would jump to the saved spot, but that doesn't work in the new version, it just stays at the top of the spreadsheet.

Thank you for your help.

Matt

Numbers '09-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 7:03 PM

I do not see a way (natively) to deal with this. You can post a comment to Apple using the menu item "Number > Provide Number Feedback"

As a follow on (work around) you could add a small table that you leave near the area of interest, then you can select that table to "jump" to that spot using the sheet menu:

User uploaded file

In this example "Table 2" was my marker table

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2013 7:03 PM in response to Jesusinside68

I do not see a way (natively) to deal with this. You can post a comment to Apple using the menu item "Number > Provide Number Feedback"

As a follow on (work around) you could add a small table that you leave near the area of interest, then you can select that table to "jump" to that spot using the sheet menu:

User uploaded file

In this example "Table 2" was my marker table

I feel stupid asking this but here goes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.