Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot restore icloud backup data on my new iphone 5

I recently bought a iPhone 5 and after backup of my iPhone 4S through iCloud, I tried restore my icloud data in my iPhone 5 and after login in my Apple ID, a misterious email hapa1964@hotmail.comappeared, and I had not figured out this email "at first glance", I put my current password, after a few messages of wrong or invalid password, I saw this demoniac email. Could be a malign possession on my apple device? I guess this it's the only reason, after wasted many hours reading on Apple Support Communities and figured out that many users had the same problem and anyone had a answer. No "Solved Topics". Come on Apple!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 5:02 PM

9 replies

Oct 23, 2013 5:12 PM in response to Fael78RJ

It is somewhat difficult to fully understand exactly what you experienced.

First, was the iPhone 5 New or has it been used by someone prior to your acquiring it?

Second, when you tried to download your previous iPhone 4s Backup from your iCloud account to your New iPhone 5, did you have trouble logging into that iCloud Account with your Apple ID and Apple ID Password?

or

Did you login successfully and then have trouble downloading the Backup to your iPhone 5?

I can't figure out at what point you saw the "mysterious email".

Please help me understand your situation more clearly.

Oct 23, 2013 5:39 PM in response to razmee209

I bought a second hand iPhone, my friend of my job. I'm from Brazil and this have a Official Chancel of ANATEL(All mobile brand must be this chancel to be sell legaly here). So this it's not a Taiwan, Honk Kong that doesn't work in a foreing country.

WISEJD --> My old phone - iPhone 4S (Backuped!) -- New iPhone 5 (and bought in a second hand). Hey Wisejd, I just loggin easy with my apple id, but when have the three options and I choose the second (restore iCloud backup), in the next screen appears the misterious email from some Apple ID and is requested the respective password, that I have no idea what pass is.

So, with this brick in the way, I can pass for next step to restore my backup 😟

Oct 23, 2013 5:50 PM in response to Fael78RJ

Your answer appears to confirm what several of us were thinking ...it sounds like your iPhone 5 is linked to some previous owner's Apple ID and Apple ID Password. Perhaps your friend at your job may know about this mysterious email (Apple ID) and perhaps know the Password associated with that mysterious email address. If that were the case, and you had the Password then it would be possible to get that de-registered and get your Apple ID and Apple ID Password linked to your New iPhone 5.

Oct 24, 2013 8:21 AM in response to Fael78RJ

Problem SOLVED,

How? I tried before but this time runs. I reseted my idevice, logged in my apple ID. Select "Restore iCloud Backup" and the misterious email appears. Clicked on "Skip this Step" and incredibly appears the same screen as before with my Apple ID, I just filled my password and the process started and All my data returned.

WiseJD, has no sense if the first owner of this mobile has linked with his ID. This mail that appears to me (harpa1964@hotmail.com) appears with another iPhone users in another country, try google this mail or try searching in this community in you see that this demon mail appears. Apple fault.

Dec 29, 2014 6:43 PM in response to Fael78RJ

I just purchased a new iPhone 6 and had hapa1964@hotmail.com pop up for iTunes login. I have tried some suggestions and have what I believe to be the solution. My login problem is from music that I checked out from the library and downloaded to my iTunes account and then my iPhone. Another user said to go to iiTunes and sort your music library by kind...

What you have to do is view your My music files in iTunes by songs. On the far right hand side there should be a blank box (like the top column that says name, title, artist) etc. On the right (empty box), right click and a drop down list appears. Add the option "kind" and then sort. You'll see various things pop up but scroll down to purchased AAC audio files (or at least that's what mine said). Click on the top line of those purchased AAC audio files. My culprit was a live Adele recording. right click on the highlighted line and scroll down to "get info", then click on the last option which should be "file" there you will see an email address of who purchased that file of music. Delete any with the weird appleID that you are having problems with. That should take care of it once you resync. I hope this helps.

May 6, 2015 9:05 PM in response to Fael78RJ

If you had the backup file on your computer it might be possible using 3rd party software to extract the app data for a specific app from the backup and copy it back to the iphone (for example, see http://www.techsummary.in/windows-software/how-to-retrieve-icloud-password/msg10 092/?topicseen#msg10092 ), however this wouldn't be possible if your only backup is in iCloud. As far as I know there is no mechanism to do anything other than restore the entire backup from iCloud.

I cannot restore icloud backup data on my new iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.