You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad (iOS7) - Zagg keyboard unable to type in a space after a word (re: after enter or put a punctuation, I can add a space)

Dear Community:

I purchased the iPad with Zagg keyboard around the end of Sept (2013), now just got the update of iOS7.

Encountering this problem since the beginning: typed any word and trying to add a space right after does not work. I was using Facebook, typing email (suspecting maybe it's an incompetability issue), but now after downloaded Page & Keynote & tried again, still unable to add a space after a word. Therefore I think it's time to ask for advice.

I found when I "enter" and start a new line allows me to add a space before typing a letter.

Also, after I type in a punctuation or symbol, I can add a space.

So, it is not the space-bar not working.

Looking forward to a solution (so I don't have to take it back to refund, and try another brand).

Many thanks !

Y.Chan

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 5:02 PM

7 replies

Oct 23, 2013 5:25 PM in response to Y. Chan

Mine was working today and i"m in the process of updating to iOS 7.0.3 right now, so we'll see if it replicates on my iPad or if it's a glitch with yours.l

In the mean time, for those that have had keyboard issues you can try going into the settings, general and 'reset all settings'. You do have to retweak your device but it's helped for some.

Oct 23, 2013 10:55 PM in response to Skydiver119

Thanks Skydiver119!!

I did try to reset (that invoves re-install everything from iCloud), took a while, but touching the space bar still cannot add a space after any letter I typed. (re: as I mentioned before, if I "enter" and start a new line, I can type a space; and if I type a punctuation, I can also add a space after the punctuation. Meaning: the spacebar works, in some occasions.)

And, I just plugged it to the charger, tried typing, nothing changed.

I even go to setting and disable all the auto-cap, auto-correct, etc. No luck.

Judging from your experience having your Zagg keyboard working fine from the beginning, I'm suspecting mine is a lemon...

I guess I'll wait for a little while for some more suggestions, then I may return it or exchange it.

Thanks again !!

Oct 24, 2013 4:15 AM in response to Y. Chan

The only other thing I can suggest is if you know someone else with an iPad or iPod or iPhone, pair your keyboard with their document and see if the issue replicates. If it does, then there's something with the keyboard.

Zagg has great customer service so if it doesn't resolve, just contact them.

You've unpaired and re-paired the keyboard? (as in going into the settings and bluetooth, unpairing it and then re-pairing them?)

iPad (iOS7) - Zagg keyboard unable to type in a space after a word (re: after enter or put a punctuation, I can add a space)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.