Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverse order of Safari Bookmarks?

I just imported a long bookmarks menu from Firefox into Safari. The problem is they are in the reverse order now (newest at the top).

I want to reverse their order in the list. Is there a way to do this?

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 5:53 PM

7 replies

Oct 23, 2013 6:10 PM in response to Joseph Rose

Hi Joseph. There is quick way to sort a folder of bookmarks alphabetically, but this may or may not suit you.

From the sidebar, drag the particular bookmark folder to the desktop. On the desktop, rename the folder. (e.g. rename "Finance" to "Finance new", or somesuch.) Then drag the folder back into the sidebar. It will be sorted for you into alphabetical sequence. You can now compare the two bookmark folders to ensure the new one is complete, then delete the original folder and , if you want, rename the new folder back to the original name.

Feb 22, 2014 8:41 PM in response to Donot Haveone

Donot Haveone -

Your complaint was that you could find no way of re-ordering your bookmarks. In fact there is a way which I have shown you.

If you want something to change, I suggest addressing your complaint to Apple. If you just want to know how to deal with the situation that exists, continue to seek ideas from the forum. Venting here has no effect.

Reverse order of Safari Bookmarks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.