Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Substitute for Lazy Mouse

Mavericks is working fine, but the upgrade has left my beloved Lazy Mouse dead.

Is there any application like Lazy Mouse - which automatically moves the cursor from any part of the screen to the click area?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2017 5:11 PM

After many years without LazyMouse, I was inspired by your Post to try again. I can happily say that I got LazyMouse 2.5 running successfully in MacOS Sierra 10.12.3.

I downloaded Version 2.5 at this link: http://mac.brothersoft.com/lazymouse-download.html

I completed the Install process. It installs as a System Preference, not an app. When I tried to open it, I got this:

User uploaded file

This is referring to an older version of Mac OS X. Instead, go to System Preferences, Privacy, Accessibility and look for Lazy Mouse on the right side. In my case, it wasn't there so I did a Restart.

Even after the Restart, Lazy Mouse still did not appear in the Accessibility window. Attempts to open the Lazy Mouse Preference Pane resulted in the "LazyMouse cannot run if "Access for Assistive Devices" is turned off in the Universal Access Preference Pane" as seen above.

I more or less gave up and walked away for long enough for my iMac to go into Sleep Mode. Three hours later, I went to System Preference and double-clicked the Lazy Mouse icon just to try again. To my surprise, Lazy Mouse appeared to be working as I got an active window. Since I had previously purchased Lazy Mouse, it even showed my name next to the "Registered To:"

User uploaded file

I checked the "Whenever a new window appears, snap the cursor to the "Default Button." I then went back to the Privacy, Accessibility window and again, to my surprise, Lazy Mouse was now there as seen below:

User uploaded file

I "checked" it and did a Restart. After the Restart, I went back to the Lazy Mouse Preference Pane and did the "Try it Out..." That worked! I then opened a document in Pages and went to File, Print and pleasantly saw the cursor on the blue "Print" button thanks to Lazy Mouse. I next tested it in Preview and it worked there as well.

I hope this info helps someone attempting to get this "classic" Mac app up and running in Sierra.

46 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2017 5:11 PM in response to Trane Francks

After many years without LazyMouse, I was inspired by your Post to try again. I can happily say that I got LazyMouse 2.5 running successfully in MacOS Sierra 10.12.3.

I downloaded Version 2.5 at this link: http://mac.brothersoft.com/lazymouse-download.html

I completed the Install process. It installs as a System Preference, not an app. When I tried to open it, I got this:

User uploaded file

This is referring to an older version of Mac OS X. Instead, go to System Preferences, Privacy, Accessibility and look for Lazy Mouse on the right side. In my case, it wasn't there so I did a Restart.

Even after the Restart, Lazy Mouse still did not appear in the Accessibility window. Attempts to open the Lazy Mouse Preference Pane resulted in the "LazyMouse cannot run if "Access for Assistive Devices" is turned off in the Universal Access Preference Pane" as seen above.

I more or less gave up and walked away for long enough for my iMac to go into Sleep Mode. Three hours later, I went to System Preference and double-clicked the Lazy Mouse icon just to try again. To my surprise, Lazy Mouse appeared to be working as I got an active window. Since I had previously purchased Lazy Mouse, it even showed my name next to the "Registered To:"

User uploaded file

I checked the "Whenever a new window appears, snap the cursor to the "Default Button." I then went back to the Privacy, Accessibility window and again, to my surprise, Lazy Mouse was now there as seen below:

User uploaded file

I "checked" it and did a Restart. After the Restart, I went back to the Lazy Mouse Preference Pane and did the "Try it Out..." That worked! I then opened a document in Pages and went to File, Print and pleasantly saw the cursor on the blue "Print" button thanks to Lazy Mouse. I next tested it in Preview and it worked there as well.

I hope this info helps someone attempting to get this "classic" Mac app up and running in Sierra.

Oct 27, 2013 11:07 AM in response to McAtak

I don't know how I got this working again, but I'll give you the information I have so far. Like you, I believe that Lazy Mouse functionality should be standard in OSX.

After the recent Mavericks update, I found that Lazy Mouse did not work anymore. I read that, with the recent update, you had to install Lazy Mouse using System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy, and drop Lazy Mouse onto the window; however, it longer works through System Preferences anymore. And the Lazy Mouse still didn't work.

So I went to the App Store and got a free download of PointerFinder - the one free app that claims to perform the same function as Lazy Mouse. And rebooted. And now, for some reason - Lazy Mouse seems to work just like before.

Substitute for Lazy Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.