Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after installing mavericks on my iMac, i have some issues.

after installing mavericks on my iMac, i have some issues. i cannot re sign in to iCloud via system pref., i cannot download anything from safari, it tells me that i have not enough disc space, my trash is acting weird, it tells me to input my admin password then the trash never appears full, but the item is deleted instantly, finnaly, i restart and my wallpaper goes back to the mavricks stock photo, not hte one i chose before restart. PLEASE HELP!!!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 7:34 PM

8 replies

Oct 24, 2013 1:44 PM in response to bobby.jovel84

Not having any of these problems. Maybe do a Disk Utility Verify Disk, or use Tech Tools Deluxe to check disks? Hopefully you have a Time Machine backup from before the update in case serious disk problems are found.

My Maverick problems so far:

* Little Snitch is disabled (latest update is OK)

* Flip4mac is disabled

* DiVX is disabled

* The coloured tags in Finder are less prominent

* Parallels below version 9 will not work!

* The Save (attachments) button in Mail has vanished (in Classic mode). You need to hover the mouse over the toolbar below the mail header to access the Save All & Quick Look items.

* Graphic Converter versions below 8 may not save filenames correctly. Update to version 8

Oct 24, 2013 2:18 PM in response to bobby.jovel84

See these tips

http://macs.about.com/od/Mavericks/ss/How-To-Perform-A-Clean-Install-Of-Os-X-Mav ericks-On-A-Macs-Startup-Drive.htm

and related articles on About.com

Also these Apple tips:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1427

Plus TidBITS

http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/mavericks-upgrading?pt=TB1197

A full restore will take a long time. It may not fix all your problems if the Time Machine data also has some corruption.

Oct 27, 2013 6:15 PM in response to Michael Paine

Update...

My Maverick problems so far:

* Little Snitch is disabled (latest update is OK)

* Flip4mac is disabled

* DiVX is disabled

* The coloured tags in Finder are less prominent

* Parallels below version 9 will not work!

* The Save (attachments) button in Mail has vanished (in Classic mode). You need to hover the mouse over the toolbar below the mail header to access the Save All & Quick Look items.

* Graphic Converter versions below 8 may not save filenames correctly. Update to version 8

• Mouse scroll wheel not working in Preview (plus no scroll bars - I have to use a trackpad to scroll)
  • Using Rebuild Mailbox in Mail is a disaster - it wants to reload all old messages

Nov 24, 2013 4:47 PM in response to bobby.jovel84

I was having issues with Maverick. The problems I had were video related on the Macbook Pro. I just did a PRAM reset. Try it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

Resetting NVRAM / PRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

After resetting NVRAM or PRAM, you may need to reconfigure your settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information. If issues persist, your Mac's logic board battery (not a portable Mac's rechargeable battery) may need to be replaced. The logic board battery helps retain NVRAM/PRAM settings when your computer is shut down. You can take your Mac to a Mac Genius or Apple Authorized Service Provider to replace the battery on the logic board.

Resetting NVRAM in Open Firmware

If your computer is Open Firmware-based and you are unable to reset NVRAM as described above, you may alternatively reset the NVRAM and Open Firmware settings using the steps in the Solution section of Message “To continue booting, type 'mac-boot' and press return”.

In some cases, an Open Firmware-based computer may not respond to the keyboard commands noted above, and may not allow starting up into Open Firmware by pressing and holding the Command, Option, O, and F keys during startup. If you are unable to get to an Open Firmware prompt (and your Mac supports doing so), try holding the power button held down continuously during start up.

after installing mavericks on my iMac, i have some issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.