Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my calendar is stuck "moving calendars to server accounts"

I recently updated my MacbookPro to the OSX Operating System, Mavericks. Everything seemed to be working smoothly until my Calendars got stuck and all I get was this message "moving calendars to server accounts"

At first I thought that it was an update that came with the new OS but it never went away making my calendar completely un-usable. I tried to force quit it but it doesn't allow me. I force quit my macbook pro 2 times already and it still comes out like that. I also signed out of iCloud TWICE and that didn't change anything. (I read in other threads that signing out of iCloud helped. But not in my case ) =(

Can anyone please tell me why it's doing this and how I can resolve this?

I am a semi-novice when it comes to Macs so if you can give me easy to follow instructions that would be great! Thanks!

- Aucilio Porfavor

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 8:04 PM

60 replies

Jan 3, 2017 3:28 PM in response to Aucilio

I had this problem but the solution provided by ryl411 eventually worked. I do not use reminders but in following the recommended solution still left me with "moving calendars to server accounts" Trying again without altering reminders seems to have worked.

However, on syncing iPhone and Mac I now do not get the reassuring message that it is syncing the calendar.

When I downloaded Maverick there was no warning that I would have to sign up to icloud. I was not happy about the concept of joining but Apple seems to have forced me to do so. I am not at all pleased.

Cheers,

Marlinwine

Oct 26, 2013 5:49 AM in response to Aucilio

melisolaris

Oct 23, 2013 6:54 AM (in response to Jim in Flagstaff)

Hey all, I had the same problem. Everyone seemed to have different solutions that worked for them--but not for me 😟. Here's what actually fixed my problem.

1. Force quit iCal and Reminders.

2. On your computer, unlink Calendars and Reminders from iCloud:

> System Preferences > iCloud > Uncheck Calendars AND Reminders

(I did this because my Reminders uses my Calenders; I set deadlines for reminders, etc. Also, because my reminders weren't syncing with my iCloud as they should.)

3. It'll ask if you want to delete the calendar and reminder events from your computer. Say yes because you should already have the most up-to-date copy on your iCloud.

4. Open iCal. It should no longer display the "moving calendars to server account" message.

5. Add your iCloud account to iCal.

> Calendar > Add Account... > iCloud > Sign in with Apple ID and PW

6. Give it a minute to update. You should see all your iCloud calendar events with no error message.

7. Quit iCal. Open Reminders.

8. Add your iCloud account to Reminders.

> Reminders > Add Account... > iCloud > Sign in with Apple ID and PW

9. Test the two programs by adding test events and reminders to see if they show up on your iPhone and your Macbook.

It worked for me! 🙂

Hope this helps you!

my calendar is stuck "moving calendars to server accounts"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.