Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't arrange apps

Looks like with the latest iOS 7.0.3 and iTunes, I can't rearrange my apps from one screen or extended screen to another. I think I was able to do it once randomly, but I couldn't repeat the process. I've done this hundreds of times in iOS 6x without much issue. Just to clarify, I can move the screens around, just not the apps themselves. I am doing this on my desktop. Arranging the icons works fine on my iPhone.

Has anyone else had this problem or do you mostly just have one screen not extended screens?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 8:06 PM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2014 6:58 PM in response to Romplestiliskin

Just got it to work—again on the Mac side, so YMMV. With iTunes open and your iPhone connected, double click on the home screen containing the app you want to move. That home screen should magnify. Place your cursor over the app you want to move, click and drag the app to the new location (into an existing folder, on top of another app to form a new folder, to a new location in the same home screen, or to a location in a different home screen). As (if) you move it out of the original home screen, the original screen will shrink back to its smaller size and the screen you're moving it to will magnify to help you place the app where you want it.

iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0.4, iTunes 11.1.3

Can't arrange apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.