Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete a section in Pages 5?

I used to be able to delete a section or pages by selecting them in the tumbnail view. I could select one page ot SHIFT-SELECT to highlight several at a time. No longer works in Pages 5. How do you select a section then delete it? Do I have to manually select everything on each page I want deleted to do this!?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 8:37 PM

9 replies

Oct 24, 2013 12:15 AM in response to Mike Boone

Actually, I found how to delete page in Pages 5.0 (iWork 2013...), after few minutes of frustration because of not being able to do that the old way.

You have to deselect "Document body" in document setup section. Than you just delete page in Pages thumbnails section. This procedure also breaks section so you can delete individual pages in former section. Also, this procedure gives you command in insert menu to add a page.

Nov 2, 2013 3:10 PM in response to Mike Boone

Hi have found the solution. You need go into the View menu and make sure that you have checked the Show Invisibles option. Once you can see the invisibles, you should see a blue line at the top of the "blank" page with a small "document" icon at the right of the line. You need to delete this blue line/icon which will delete the whole page as long as there are no other "invisible items" which may also need to be deleted.

I did the above and my blank page disappeared from the thumbnails view immediately.

Dec 16, 2013 6:20 PM in response to NottsDarren

I am having a very strange problem. I am trying this suggestion, but unfortunately what it's doing is removing the page under it. For whatever reason, it won't delete the page I need deleting. Very frustraging problem, and I have a random page with graphics that also won't delete.

I had started this document in 09, and transfered it to Pages 5. Now the page won't delete, and the document won't convert back to 09.

Feb 22, 2016 11:52 AM in response to Mike Boone

I tried all of the recommended solutions, but couldn't get them to work. When I unchecked Document Body, it removed text from previous page. I was using a template so sections were already formatted into the pages. What I finally did was insert a section under the page I wanted to delete and then it allowed me to delete the whole section. It worked, but it was clumsy. Seems like there should be more options even with a template? I'm glad I kept the previous version on my Mac. 5 seems limiting.

How do you delete a section in Pages 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.