Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to download PAGES 4 for MAC OS? Pages 5 is missing too many features I need!

Is there any way to get the prior version of Pages (4x) for MAC? So many critical features are missing now I cannot use Pages any longer unless I can get the old version?

Mike

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 8:55 PM

5 replies

Oct 23, 2013 9:14 PM in response to Mike Boone

With Mavericks the answer is maybe. It really depends on whether they ship a disc with Pages 4.0 or Pages 4.3. It is hard to figure out which one is the one that you will actually receive. If you have a virtual machine and purchased these from the Mac App store then if you run Mountain Lion you should be able to download them again on that system. This is the method I used to re-install.

I'm lucky in that I have the retail version of iWork 09. I re-installed it using the following method.

1. Reinstall from DVD. This installed a version that is too out of date to run on Mavericks so I had to do step 2.

2. Ran a virtual machine with Mountain Lion, installed iWork 09, ran software update and copied the latest versions over to my main machine. This works and now I have iWork 09 back on my machine. Hopefully Apple can fix this latest iWork and bring it back to feature parity with iWork 09.

May 3, 2016 2:33 PM in response to Mike Boone

Yes, "look in Applications" may sound dumb, but be sure to check there carefully, especially Applications/iWork.

("Upgrading" to OSX 10.11 El Capitan left the to-me-useless Pages 5 in Applications. But I'll say this for them, Pages '09 4.3 was filed away in Applications/iWork '09. Since I use no other part of iWork, and never thought of myself as using "iWork," I never would have thought to look there.)

Outlining was the only reason I used Pages, and they dropped it. Collapsing text, not external links, was the smart part of hypertext, and we've been missing it since it was dumped in early web days.

Is there a way to download PAGES 4 for MAC OS? Pages 5 is missing too many features I need!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.