Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X MAVERICKS on Macbook Pro, Mid 2012 4GB?

I am running a new Macbook Pro, Mid 2012, 4 GB and the App store said my computer was eligible to get OS X Mavericks.

My question is, how is almost 6 GB of a system going to fit into a 4 GB Macbook Pro.

To upgrade or not? Help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 10:36 PM

8 replies

Oct 23, 2013 10:44 PM in response to mxrcds

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

You have 4 GB of RAM, and the OS X Mavericks installer needs near 6 GB of hard drive space, which is different. Open the Mac App Store and download OS X Mavericks. It will be downloaded if you have enough space in the hard drive, and when its download has finished, the OS X Mavericks installer will show up

Jan 18, 2014 2:21 PM in response to plabishka

I upgraded mine to maveriks and am having many issues with it, I recomend not doing it till some issues have been fixed. There are problems with sound, scrolling with the trackpad, using usbs, keychain logs and the list goes on. I can't downgrade either. I'm so frustrated the fixes on various forums about these issues only seem to work temporarly 😟

Nov 30, 2015 3:16 AM in response to mende1

Hi, Is it still possible to upgrade to either OS X 10.9, Mavericks or OS X 10.10, Yosemite? I have a MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 10.8.3.

I'm happy with Mountain Lion but I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 which will not run on Mountain Lion.

Elements 14 uses OS X 10.9, Mavericks or OS X 10.10, Yosemite. I can return the Elements 14 but I can't find a Photoshop version that will run on Mountain Lion.

Thanks for any advice.

OS X MAVERICKS on Macbook Pro, Mid 2012 4GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.