Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks disables push mail

Updated to osx mavericks and push mail appeared not to work, all settings were good except now my phone said fetch instead of push. Can anyone confirm? I rolled back to mountain lion and push mail was back.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 11:42 PM

11 replies

Oct 24, 2013 3:29 AM in response to Russell Wittmann

Some background, as push notifications have confused various folks, including occasionally me... iOS push notifications are tied into Exchange Server with ActiveSync, and into services that use the APNs Apple push notification service. (There are other push notification protocols around, and various versions of OS X Server mail have confusingly also offered IMAP push notifications, and that was not what most folks expected when they read "push".)

To your question, Mavericks uses APNS for SMTP push notifications, and those are supposed to work. If you're not getting the APNS requests on your iOS device, then check that your APNS certificates are valid on your Mavericks Server configuration, review your server logs for errors and maybe your local network firewall settings, and see if push notifications are enabled on your iOS device.

Caveat: I haven't rolled Mavericks Server 10.9 into production with iOS 7.0.3, so I have not tested these notifications yet. You might well have found a(nother) bug.

Mar 25, 2014 1:41 AM in response to Russell Wittmann

and also, for someone who didn't have push enabled or at least never knew that they did have it on... when i upgraded to 3 it gave me a 1 day duration cert, and then started spaming me the next day that it had expired. it would be nice that it gave you a hint as to where you need to go to turn it off, or what to do when it starts spaming you with daily mails.

Mavericks disables push mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.