Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch 4g is not turning on from whitescreen of DEATH?

Hi,

i have an itouch 4g that was charging and suddenly went white. I tried resetting my device but nothing happened, i held the power and home button for 10 secondsthen i tried holding the home, power and the volume up button together for 10 seconds and still nothing happened. I even tried shift restoring but itunes error 1600 poped up. I thought maybe it is the screens ploblem but i didnt the screen isn't damaged. Now the screen is black and when i press the home and power button it does nothing.😟 If anyone has any idea on what i should do that might help fix this please answer.🙂

Thanks

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 12:11 AM

8 replies

Oct 24, 2013 12:13 AM in response to tecknicK321

Try this First...

Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...

Wait for the Apple logo to Appear...

Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... ( But can take Longer...)

Release the Buttons...

NEXT... See Display Shows White Screen Here

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2771

If no joy... Try letting the Battery Fully Drain... Then Charge the Device for at least 30 Minutes...

Oct 24, 2013 12:25 AM in response to AnaMusic

Hi AnaMusic,

Thanks for answering my question, i have tried holding the home and power button for atlest 15-20 seconds still nothing. when it was charging and the screen went white i unplugged my ipod and let it drain all the battery because i couldn't do anything. I tried doing all the steps again but still nothing, it isn't responding to what i do, the device is wont show the apple logo when i plugged it into my computer.

Thanks anyways:D

Oct 27, 2013 3:50 AM in response to tecknicK321

Error 1604

This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, using a different Dock Connector or Lightning Connector to USB cable, and other available USB troubleshooting steps. If you're using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the white Apple USB dock connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

If the issue isn't resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting and another computer isn't available, try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Connect the device to iTunes.
  2. Confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
  3. Restore and wait for the error.
  4. When prompted, click OK.
  5. Close and reopen iTunes while the device remains connected.
  6. The device should now be recognized in Recovery Mode.
  7. Try to restore again.

If the steps above don't resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.

Error 1600, 1601, 1602

Follow the steps listed above for Error 1604. You may resolve this error by disabling, deactivating, or uninstalling third-party security, antivirus, and firewall software. Learn more about troubleshooting security software.

Mar 21, 2015 8:25 AM in response to tecknicK321

What happened for me is clash of clans started crashing more and more, so I completely powered off my Ipod. It took a while to power on and when it finally did, it flashed a white screen then tried to keep powering it on. After about a minute it finally worked. Also did u jailbreak? Try getting rid of any tweaks from any sources other than the default. When mine finally powered back on, CoC didn't crash.

My ipod touch 4g is not turning on from whitescreen of DEATH?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.