Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Camera Available

I have a MacBook Pro. I updated to OS X Mavericks today! Everything was running smooth but I opened up all my video applications (facetime, skype, imovie) and it said No camera connected. My camera is built in why can't it find it after this update? How do I fix this so these apps read my camera?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 12:35 AM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2013 12:12 PM in response to faithmizzbass

faithmizzbass wrote:...why can't it find it after this update?...

Because something is wrong.

faithmizzbass wrote:...How do I fix this so these apps read my camera?

You will need to troubleshoot to find what to fix.

See Apple's http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090

(Over time, Apple has changed the built-in camera's name on newer Macs from "iSight" to "FaceTime" and then to "FaceTime HD." Regardless of the name of your Mac's built-in camera, the same info and troubleshooting applies.)

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.5

Feb 22, 2014 7:33 AM in response to faithmizzbass

I've got a good answer that I recieved on the phone after calling Apple. You need to reset the internal camera. You do this by shutting your computer down. Wait for it to turn completely off. Once it is off, hold down shift, control, and option. Hold down the power button at the same time, and keep it there for three seconds, holding shift, control, option, and the power button. After three seconds, let got of all of the keys. Hit the power button one time, and the computer should start up like normal. Test your camera now.

Hope this helps!

No Camera Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.