Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you print comments in pages under mavericks?

How do you print comments in pages under mavericks? Earlier if show comments was checked, all the comments were visible and could be easily printed. Now only those comments are visible on which the cursor is pointed but even those do not get printed!

OS X Mavericks (10.9), Pages under mavericks

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 6:49 PM

If anybody finds a solution to this, please share as I am relying on the comments feature for language observations.

Right now, my workaround is exporting the file to Pages 09 and then opening with Pages 4.3 (which was thankfully not overwritten by the App Store when I updated). Exporting to Word also works.

Very disappointing to have lost this feature, especially when it was not just there previously, but also exists in Word.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2013 6:49 PM in response to Kemensindia

If anybody finds a solution to this, please share as I am relying on the comments feature for language observations.

Right now, my workaround is exporting the file to Pages 09 and then opening with Pages 4.3 (which was thankfully not overwritten by the App Store when I updated). Exporting to Word also works.

Very disappointing to have lost this feature, especially when it was not just there previously, but also exists in Word.

Feb 4, 2014 5:36 AM in response to Kemensindia

Thanks to all for to the 'older Pages' suggestion. I don't have the last Pages on my mac anymore (although this is probably just me being really, really dumb), but the suggestion inspired me to try another very similar work around - which was also successful. Just in case anyone's in the same situation as me, am sharing it here!

For absurd reasons I won't bother to explain, I've also got a version of Word for Mac. I prefer writing on Pages, though, so all my documents (and their comments...) are Pages files. In the really unlikely event that you've also ended up with both Pages and Word (I know...) just export to a .docx file, open it with Word, and print from there. It retains all comments, track chages, etc. This seems really obvious, but I hadn't thought of it...

This can also be a work around for the lack of 'Compare Documents' and/or 'Merge Documents'.

Of course this would all be much better if it were actually just in Pages...I hope this helps, and thanks!

Feb 19, 2014 9:18 AM in response to philiplisagor

philiplisagor wrote:

Obviously, the people who did the new pages have no experience editing documents. Guess I'll just keep using the older pages.

What is obvious is that Apple doesn't use its own software.

Every time I get down to the nuts and bolts of the iWork software, in the Apple Store, and after a lot of fatuous suggestions, it turns out yet again, that the Apple employee doesn't actually use Pages etc.

They are nearly all Microsoft Office users.

Peter

How do you print comments in pages under mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.